The 8th Annual Ship Recycling Conference London

Swansea dry docks’ history of ship repair dates back to the early 20th century.

Prince of Wales Dry Dock 2, was established in 1923, and Prince of Wales Dry Dock 1, was built in 1958.

The dry docks operated by a number of companies, until the Dunn family took control of the site and created Swansea Drydocks Ltd.

Dunn Brothers previously operated seven recycling centres in the Midlands, South Wales, South East England, and South West England.

In both 2005 and 2007 the company won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, International Trade and in 2009, was recognised as a Sunday Times Top Track 250 company

In May 2011, the company was sold to Sims Metal, enabling the Dunn Family, to focus on developing and growing the dry docks business.

View the full Annual Ship Recycling Presentation