We are looking to hire Arboricultist based Sheffield/Manchester office.
Permanent position, full and part-time considered.
- Location: Sheffield/Manchester
- Start date: Immediate
- Salary: £26k‐ £36k (commensurate with experience)
Enzygo is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with offices based in Sheffield, Manchester and Bristol. We are currently looking for a Consultant Arboriculturist to join our growing team and to manage our increasing workload ranging from British Standard tree surveys, QTRA, Expert witness reporting to woodland management planning.
You will work independently and as part of a larger, multi-disciplinary team and provide specialist arboricultural advice and high-quality reports for a number of projects and sectors including Land and Property Development, Infrastructure, Waste, Minerals, Energy and Utilities.
Depending on experience, your tasks will include;
- Arboricultural Surveys to BS 5837:2012 of small and large-scale sites, including woodland, rural, commercial, brownfield and urban as well as small domestic sites, both locally and nationally.
- Recording tree parameters comprehensively and efficiently and liaising with local authorities to identify legal protection of trees on development sites.
- Visual Tree Assessment (VTA) both as stand-alone surveys and as part of BS 5837 surveys.
- Tree survey reports usually required to support planning applications, including tree survey schedules and Tree Constraints Plans.
- Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements in accordance with BS 5837.
- Tree Protection Plans for phased and complex developments, including accurate setting out information to aid interpretation on site during construction.
- Preparation and procurement of tree management works for land managers including Tree Works Specifications.
- Preparation of Woodland Management Plans to include constraints and opportunities in and around a woodland area.
- Tree risk assessments applying methodologies such as QTRA
- Assisting clients with advice on legal tree protection (Tree Preservation Orders and Trees in Conservation Area), in particular where they require tree works to be carried out on one or more protected trees for development, or where protected trees were accidentally damaged during works in the proximity of the tree.
- Arboricultural Supervision of works near retained trees
- Management of arboricultural sub-consultants where necessary
Successful candidates must have:
- A qualification to QCF Level 4 in arboriculture (or above)
- Relevant experience in a commercial arboricultural consultancy
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of AutoCAD or BricsCAD as well as MS Office applications (in particularly Word and Excel)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Organisational skills and ability to manage own workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Experience in the use of digital survey equipment and software (e.g. Pear technology)
In addition to the above, the following would be desirable, but not necessary;
- Membership of the Arboricultural Association (or other related professional body)
- Experience of Green Infrastructure Appraisal and Tree Value Assessments
- Qualification of use of the Quantified Tree Risk Assessments (QTRA) methodology
- A dual qualification covering other environmental disciplines, including landscape Architecture or ecology
- The use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge and application of BIM compliant document and drawing management
How to apply:
Please apply to email@example.com with a CV and a covering letter (detailing relevant experience).