Graduate Geo-environmental Engineer
Enzygo Ltd – Stocksbridge, nr Sheffield S Yorks – Graduate Geo-environmental Engineer
This is a role for a recent graduate, with an Earth Science or related degree and possibly one or two years of relevant experience, who’s looking for a new challenge within a growing environmental consultancy.
The successful candidate will be part of the Geoenvironmental team, based at our Stocksbridge office and will be responsible for undertaking a broad range of geo-environmental site investigation work across the UK. A full clean UK driving license is required. The fieldwork may involve periodic overnight stays in hotels (paid for by the company).
- Undertake Phase 1 geo-environmental investigations, including site ‘walkovers’ and report writing.
- Undertake Phase 2 geo-environmental investigations, involving logging and supervision of subcontract staff and plant on site. This will include developing interpretive report writing, under the guidance of senior staff.
- Reporting to senior staff in Stocksbridge and as/if necessary, in other offices in Manchester and Cromhall (near Bristol) and liaison with subcontractors and clients.
- Good time management and communication skills
- Good practical skills and willingness to put in extra time ‘out of hours’ to develop technical knowledge
- Membership of a professional body and pursuing CPD (continuing professional development)
- Hold a valid CSCS card
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Ability to work as part of a team with good interpersonal skills
Education and Experience
- Qualified to degree level
- Computer skills and general IT knowledge assumed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18-21k all queries to Stephen Black Stephen.Black@enzygo.com