Senior Acoustic Consultant
Location – Stocksbridge, Sheffield
We have an opportunity for a Senior Acoustic Consultant to join our acoustics team who can proactively project manage and deliver assessments for a range of environmental acoustics projects ensuring that they are to a standard expected by both internal and external clients.
Reporting directly to the Director of Acoustics, you will also be responsible for mentoring junior staff and assisting with business development; liaising with others in the acoustics team as well as with other Environmental Specialists across the company.
The role is primarily office-based with travel required to attend client meetings, project sites and business development events as required.
The role requires the following qualifications and experience:
- A degree (Masters preferably) in Acoustics or equivalent with a 3 to 5 years consultancy experience;
- Membership of the Institute of Acoustics (MIOA);
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of all elements of Environmental Acoustics reporting, i.e. noise and/or vibration and ideally possess a knowledge of Building Acoustics;
- A knowledge of noise modelling software, CadnaA preferred;
- Liaison with regulators and other external organisations
- Ability in Technical reporting and reviewing of colleague reports;
- Ability to provide technical expertise to colleagues;
- Management and supervision of junior staff as required;
- Project Management; preparation and issue of fee proposals;
- Responsibility for meeting client deadlines and expectations; and
- Involvement in planning appeals and inquiries, ideally as an expert witness.
How to Apply:
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits and a friendly working environment.
Please apply to email@example.com with a CV and a covering letter (detailing relevant experience).