Cottingham Methodist Church: change of use to residential dwelling
Enzygo prepared and submitted an application for the change of use of a former Methodist Church to a residential dwelling in Cottingham, Northamptonshire, situated within the Cottingham and Middleton Conservation Area.
The former Methodist church, originally built in 1808, had been unused for over a year.
Enzygo’s planning team submitted a planning application to North Northamptonshire Council, which included the production of a Planning and Heritage Statement demonstrating the proposed change of use. Changes to the site shall repurpose and secure the future of an imposing and historic building that is currently not in use, and the principle of changing the use of the building shall not adversely affect the purpose of the Cottingham and Middleton Conservation Area, or negatively impact the surrounding listed buildings.
Our planning team commissioned a Parking Assessment and Parking Beat Survey to demonstrate that the highways surrounding the former Methodist Church would not be adversely affected by change of use to a family sized dwelling.
Working closely with the Case Officer and other technical disciplines with the Council, the client, and external consultants, Enzygo secured a planning permission that was in accordance with the relevant policies of the Council’s Development Plan, and in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development.
The planning permission for the change of use will result in the re-use of an existing building, maintaining the existing design and material palate to ensure the development remains in keeping with the established local character, and deliver a functional residential dwelling that makes a modest contribution to reaching North Northamptonshire Council’s 5-year housing target.
Date: April 22 – August 22
Client: OG Consulting LLP